GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE ONLINE TICKET OFFICE OF THE CENTRE DES MONUMENTS NATIONAUX
The present general terms and conditions of sale (hereinafter the "General Terms and Conditions of Sale” or “GTCS”) are applicable to all purchases made for visits to monuments managed by the CENTRE DES MONUMENTS NATIONAUX, a public administrative body under the supervision of the MINISTRY OF CULTURE AND COMMUNICATION, and with offices at Hôtel de Sully, 62 rue Saint-Antoine, 75186 Paris Cedex 04 (hereinafter referred to as the "CMN”), via the online ticket office at the following address:
http://ticket.monuments-nationaux.fr (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”).
The Customer is invited to carefully read the present General Terms and Conditions of Sale which aim to set down the contractual relations between him/herself and the CMN, as well as the conditions applicable to the advance purchase of tickets.
On confirming the order via the Website a definitive contract is established implying the unreserved acceptance by the Customer of all the GTCS and which the Customer acknowledges he/she is aware of prior to validating his/her purchase.
The applicable General Terms and Conditions of Sale are those in force on the date of purchase of the Ticket. The CMN reserves the right to adjust or modify them at any time.
1 – Definitions
All terms defined below are used in the following sense:
- “Ticket”: refers to the entry ticket to visit a monument managed by the Centre des Monuments Nationaux, regardless of how it was issued and its medium, purchased by the Customer on the Website. Ticket prices are available on the Website. The applicable price is the price in force for the monument in question on the day of the order.
- “Combined Ticket”: refers to an entry ticket that gives admission to several monuments.
- “Customer”: refers to any person making a purchase of a Ticket on the Website and who accepted the General Terms and Conditions of Sale as set down in section 2 below.
- “General Terms and Conditions of Sale”: refer to these general conditions, the purpose of which is to define the conditions of purchase and use of Tickets.
- “Price regulations”: refer to the price regulations of the Centre des Monuments Nationaux in force on the date of the purchase of the Ticket.
2 – Purchase conditions
The customer creates a customer account in the online ticket space of the CMN website: http://ticket.monuments-nationaux.fr
The Customer chooses the number of Tickets they wish to purchase within the limit of ten (10) per price and per monument.
Each ticket entitles the customer one entry for one person to the monument defined on the Ticket, with the exception of Combined Tickets.
The price of the Tickets is indicated in Euros. The total price is mentioned on the Ticket, inclusive of all taxes.
The applicable price is the price in force on the day of purchase. The price regulations are accessible on the CMN website (http://www.monuments-nationaux.fr). The CMN reserves the right to adjust or modify the prices at any time.
The Customer cannot make any claim in cases where the price paid may be different from the one in force on the day of the visit in the event of a modification of the price regulations having occurred.
*Free tickets and discounts
Free tickets and discounts are described in the Price Regulations and are available online on our website (http://www.monuments-nationaux.fr) in the “Terms and Conditions of free tickets” section.
Free or discounted Tickets are not routinely offered for sale on the CMN website.
To obtain a Ticket at a price not offered on the Website, the Customer must go to the cash desk of the monument in question and provide supporting documentation.
The purchase of a full price ticket on the CMN website entails renunciation by the eligible Customer to the free ticket or discounted price.
Online payment is made exclusively by Visa, MasterCard, Eurocard or JCB credit card.
After checking the order and accepting the General Terms and Conditions of Sale in the above-mentioned conditions, the Customer is redirected to a secure payment server on which he/she performs the online payment by inputting their bank card references, which includes the number, the date of expiry and the security code featured on the back of the card.
The amount of the order is debited from the Customer's bank account as soon as final confirmation of the transaction is performed on the Website.
In the event of rejection of payment by the payment centre, the transaction is automatically cancelled.
All purchases are firm and final, no cancellation or modification by the customer is possible once payment has been confirmed.
On completion of the order, the Customer receives a purchase confirmation email and a payment confirmation email (transaction proof), sent automatically by the secure payment system. The payment confirmation email is not a ticket and does not allow access to the monument.
3 – Cancellation – refund
Under the provisions of Article L.221-28 of the Consumer Code, any purchase is final and cannot give rise to withdrawal.
Tickets cannot be reissued, exchanged or refunded, notably in the event of loss or theft.
In case of loss or theft of a ticket or in case of a ticket being duplicated, only the first person who presents such a ticket is deemed to be the legitimate holder of the ticket and can access the monument in question.
The CMN may be required to restrict hours or close the monument in question.
In this event and to the extent that the Customer can justify his/her inability to return at a later date, the face value price of the Ticket paid by the customer, excluding commission, shall be refunded by the Centre des Monuments Nationaux to the exclusion of any other compensation or indemnity whatsoever.
In these conditions, the refund is made upon written request by the person concerned specifying the date on which he/she could not visit the monument, accompanied by any supporting documents and upon presentation of a Bank Account Details and the Ticket in question. Before any refund, the Ticket will be invalidated by the CMN.
This request must be made within a month of the date of the visit. No refunds will be made at monument locations.
This request must be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CMN shall not be held liable in case of any force majeure event that disrupts the smooth running of the visit to the monument and that may result in total or partial closure of the monument to the public since Tickets do not provide access for any specific visiting day.
4 – Distribution of tickets
Tickets are attached to the purchase confirmation email (PDF) and can also be downloaded by the Customer to his/her personal account accessible from the Website.
To be valid, the Ticket must:
- Either be fully printed in one (1) copy on white A4 paper blank on both front and back. Good print quality is required. Partially printed, soiled, damaged or illegible Tickets are not accepted and considered as invalid. To check correct print quality, the Customer must ensure that the information on the Ticket and the barcode is clearly legible. In no case may Tickets be printed on-site on the day of the visit.
- Or be displayed on a digital medium (smartphone, tablet, etc.). The transmitted barcode(s) must be presented on the screen during the check. In no case can access to a telephone or internet network be guaranteed.
The printout of the confirmation page or purchase confirmation email sent by the CMN to the Customer is not a Ticket. This document can in no event be used as a Ticket or provide access to the monument in question.
5 – Conditions of use of the tickets
The Visitor with their ticket goes to the monument reception desk at the checkpoint. Access will be provided in the order of arrival of visitors with a Ticket.
Only Tickets with a barcode are valid for access to the monument.
All Tickets are systematically controlled at the entrance to the monument. This control is performed by reading the barcode on the Ticket.
6 – Personal data
The information and personal data collected as part of these sales are processed and kept in compliance with legal and regulatory obligations.
In accordance with CNIL deliberation no. 2016-264 of 21 July 2016, the user is informed that the person in charge of data processing is the director of economic development of the Centre des monuments nationaux.
The user is informed that the collected data may be used for the following purposes:
- accounting, and in particular the management of customer accounts;
- loyalty programme within one or several legal entities;
- customer relationship follow-up such as conducting satisfaction surveys, claims management and after-sales service;
- selecting customers to carry out studies, surveys and product tests;
- carrying out operations relating to prospecting:
- managing technical prospecting operations (which includes technical operations such as standardisation, enrichment and deduplication);
- selecting people to carry out loyalty, prospecting, study, survey, product test and promotional actions;
- performing marketing solicitation operations;
- producing sales statistics;
- the sale, rental or exchange of its customer files and prospect files;
- updating of its prospect files by the organisation in charge of the management of the opposition list in telephone marketing, under the provisions of the Consumer Code;
- organising quizzes, lotteries or any promotional operation other than gambling;
- managing requests for the right of access, rectification and opposition;
- managing unpaid bills and litigation, provided that it does not relate to offences and/or does not result in the exclusion of the person from the benefit of a right, service or contract;
- managing the opinions of people on products, services or content.
The user is informed that this data will be used only by the CMN or third parties designated by them to potentially assist them in the operations mentioned above but without these files ever being transferred to third parties.
The data will be kept for a period of three years from its collection by the person in charge of data processing. Beyond that, the CMN reserves the right to contact the person concerned in order to know if he or she wishes to continue to receive marketing solicitations. In the absence of a positive and explicit answer from the person, the data will be deleted or archived in accordance with the provisions in force.
In accordance with French law no. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 relating to data privacy, the customer has the right to access, rectify and oppose personal information about themselves.
The contact to make use of these rights is indicating the surnames, first names and address in the request is mandatory in enabling the establishment to process the request. In accordance with the regulations in force, the letter must be signed and accompanied by a photocopy of an identity document bearing a signature and specifying the address to which the reply should be sent, the reply being sent within 2 months of receipt of your request.
7 – Force majeure
The responsibility of the CMN cannot be enforced if the non-execution or delay in the execution of one of its obligations described in these general terms and conditions of sale results from a case of force majeure. As such, force majeure means any unforeseeable, unavoidable and external event within the meaning of article 1218 of the Civil Code.
8 – Contact
For any information or enquiries, the Customer can send an email to: email@example.com.